[et_pb_section bb_built=”1″ admin_label=”section” _builder_version=”3.0.47″][et_pb_row admin_label=”row” _builder_version=”3.0.48″ background_size=”initial” background_position=”top_left” background_repeat=”repeat”][et_pb_column type=”4_4″][et_pb_text _builder_version=”3.0.74″ background_size=”initial” background_position=”top_left” background_repeat=”repeat”]

Durian season has descended upon us and McDonald’s Malaysia is banking on the hype to host an all-you-can-eat D24 Durian McFlurry event, featuring the D24 Durian McFlurry and its upsized version, the D24 Durian McFlurry Party. For RM10, consumers can enjoy an endless supply of the durian dessert from 3pm to 6pm today.

In a statement to A+M, Eugene Lee, McDonald’s Malaysia’s marketing director, said both durians buffets are extremely popular in Malaysia. As it is currently the durian season in Malaysia, consumers are out hunting for the best durian deals.

“We are tapping on that insight to drive excitement for the D24 Durian McFlurry with an all-you-can-eat event. It’s something we are doing for the first time,” he added. Lee said all-you-can-eat D24 Durian McFlurry is a “loss-leader event” as it is only charging RM10 per pax, which is significantly cheaper than the single McFlurry serving which costs RM7.99. As such, consumers will “gain” when they eat two servings of McFlurry.

According to data from Meltwater, which tracked online conversations surrounding McDonald’s event, trending themes included “RM10″, “eat D24 Durian McFlurry”, “registration” and “McFlurry event”. Meltwater’s data also indicated that majority of online sentiment(74%) about the event were neutral, while the other 26% were positive. Also, Instagram, Facebook and Twitter were among the top sources which the event trended on.

The D24 Durian McFlurry was brought back in line with Hari Raya and the World Cup, much to the delight of consumers. Lee told A+M previously that there was an “overwhelming demand” with the Durian McFlurry, which was sold out within four days in 2017, despite having planned a four-week campaign.

Across the border, McDonald’s Singapore launched a campaign for the Durian McFlurry ahead of the upcoming National Day celebrations. The spot featured familiar white cloth gloves associated with handling durians as the fruit handler splits the fruit to reveal the new McFlurry.